#2863 closed bug (Invalid)

Deluge 1.3.13 ignores queue settings

Reported by: sssancho Owned by: sssancho
Priority: major Milestone: needs verified
Component: libtorrent Version: 1.3.12
Keywords: Cc: OmegaPhil@…

Description

I have Deluge 1.3.13 installed via Chocolatey on Windows 7 x64. And I can't change queue settings. Actually it changes (in config files), but Deluge ignores this changes.

Attachments (1)

2016-07-28 10_11_47-C__Users_user_AppData_Roaming_deluge_core.conf - Notepad++.png (225.7 KB) - added by sssancho 18 months ago.
My settings

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (21)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 18 months ago by sssancho

It seems like I can't change queue order too.

comment:2 follow-up: Changed 18 months ago by Cas

You will have to provide a lot more info, I can see no issues here.

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2 Changed 18 months ago by sssancho

Replying to Cas:

You will have to provide a lot more info, I can see no issues here.

What info have I to provide? Maybe this isn't only my trouble. I want to help.

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 18 months ago by sssancho

Replying to sssancho:

It seems like I can't change queue order too.

Update: I can't change queue order of completed torrents. And I can reorder downloading torrents fine. And, of course, if turn off Automatic control (or something like that, I've russian interface) in a popup menu of a torrent, it seedes fine.

Last edited 18 months ago by sssancho (previous) (diff)

comment:5 Changed 18 months ago by Cas

  • Resolution set to Fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

The queue sequence/order is for downloading torrents only. See these two relevant Faq questions:

Seeding torrents have no queue position

What does Auto Managed do

comment:6 Changed 18 months ago by Cas

  • Resolution Fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by Cas

  • Resolution set to Invalid
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

comment:8 Changed 18 months ago by sssancho

  • Resolution Invalid deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

I admit about seeding order - my fault. But as far as I understand meaning of settings "Total active" and "Total active uploads" (or something like that), if they are set to "-1" (as I did), every finished torrent must be seeded. But I have only 5 active torrents. All these can be seeing on screenshot attached to ticket.

Last edited 18 months ago by sssancho (previous) (diff)

comment:9 Changed 18 months ago by Cas

Can you install the ltconfig plugin and see what the active_* settings are set to.

comment:10 Changed 18 months ago by sssancho

active_dht_limit=88/88
active_downloads=5/5
active_limit=10/10
active_lsd_limit=60/60
active_seeds=5/5
active_tracker_limit=1600/1600
When there is "Initial Settings" in the combo box above.

Last edited 18 months ago by sssancho (previous) (diff)

comment:11 Changed 18 months ago by Cas

It is possible that those queue settings were reset by libtorrent so will require reapplying from Deluge.

Can you try changing the 'total active seeding' in Deluge Queue page to some other value e.g. 10

Close and reopen Preferences dialog to verify the change to 'active_seeds' in ltconfig under the 'Actual' column.

comment:12 Changed 18 months ago by sssancho

I've done this. There is no changes in ltconfig.

comment:13 Changed 18 months ago by Cas

I am unable to reproduce your problem so you need to give me more info... try with fresh config, logs, etc. If you can give me something that I can use to replicate the issue only then can I fix it.

comment:14 Changed 18 months ago by sssancho

Maybe some logs? What log level should I use?

comment:15 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 18 months ago by ElevatorChamp

Got the same problem on my VirtualBox? torrenting linux machine.

Ubuntu Server 16.04
Libtorrent-rasterbar8 (version 1.0.9-1~xenial~ppa4)
Deluged 1.3.13-0~xenial~ppa1
Deluge-web 1.3.13-0~xenial~ppa1

Tried reinstalling everything (the entire machine) and did deluged and deluge-web 1.3.12 yet still the same problem.

Also noticed that it ignores bandwith settings as well (completely ignores download/upload speeds), unsure about network settings but might ignore that too (I have no way to check).

Currently forced to change my settings with the ItConfig? plugin in order to have them stick, so there seems to be something wrong with the libtorrent stuff.

Last edited 18 months ago by ElevatorChamp (previous) (diff)

comment:16 Changed 18 months ago by Cas

  • Component changed from Unknown to libtorrent
  • Version changed from other (please specify) to 1.3.12

Reinstalling Deluge would do nothing for a libtorrent issue.

Have you tested with a clean config and recorded logs as suggested?

If you can test with previous version (1.0.8) of libtorrent that would be helpful in determining the regression.

I have opened a ticket with libtorrent to see if arvid can shed any light on this: https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/984

Last edited 18 months ago by Cas (previous) (diff)

comment:17 Changed 17 months ago by OmegaPhil

  • Cc OmegaPhil@… added

comment:18 follow-up: Changed 17 months ago by johndoe

These settings are also controlled by the plugin Sheduler, which can be seen on screenshot.

comment:19 in reply to: ↑ 18 Changed 17 months ago by sssancho

Replying to johndoe:

These settings are also controlled by the plugin Sheduler, which can be seen on screenshot.

I was terribly stupid. Yes it was limited in Scheduler. I'm so sorry for bothering.

comment:20 Changed 17 months ago by Cas

  • Resolution set to Invalid
  • Status changed from reopened to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.