|Version 3 (modified by Cas, 17 months ago)|
To help translate Deluge please register at the Launchpad translation site
Marking Text for Translation
To mark text for translation wrap the string with the function _() like this:
For GTK you can move the translation out of the code and into the glade files:
<property name="label" translatable="yes">Max Upload Speed:</property>
For more detail see: Python Gettext
These are the overall stages in gettext translation: POT (Portable Object Template) files -> PO (Portable Object) files -> MO (Machine Object) files
- potfiles.in created with create_potfiles_in.py
- deluge.pot created with gettextize.sh
- Upload deluge.pot located in deluge/i18n/ to translation site
- Wait for the translators to translate the text.
- Retrieve the updated PO files for each langauge from the translation site and extract to deluge/i18n/
- The binary MO files for each language are generated in setup.py by using the msgfmt.py script.
Verification that translations are working correctly can be performed by running deluge like this:
If you do not have a particular language installed on your system it will only tranlate based on the binary MO files for Deluge so some GTK text strings will remain in English.
LANGUAGE=fr deluge LANGUAGE=ru_RU.UTF-8 deluge