Opened 12 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#1109 closed bug (Fixed)

watch dir with special characters

Reported by: MartinEve Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: Core Version: 1.3.6
Keywords: watchdir autoadd Cc:

Description

Deluge RC5 seems to halt the watch-dir functionality whenever a torrent with Russian/Hebrew?/non-standard-ascii character filenames are added to the watch directory.

For example:

рвшевсго.torrent

stops the watch directory from picking up any subsequently added torrents. After this I have to delete all from the watch dir and restart the client for any changes to take effect.

Attachments (1)

0001-1109-Load-torrents-with-special-characters-in-autoad.patch (1.7 KB) - added by lefthaha 8 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (15)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by andar

  • Status changed from new to pending

I just tried this by renaming a torrent file and copying it into the autoadd directory:

-rw-r--r-- 1 andrew andrew  605 2009-12-28 13:14 рвшевсго.torrent

Worked just fine.

Perhaps there is an issue with the torrent file itself? Could you try reproducing this with debug logging?

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by MartinEve

  • Status changed from pending to new

I will try the logging tonight and report back. However, I have also noticed that I get the same effect for filenames containing htmlentities: ie. &

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by mlapaglia

  • Version changed from 1.2.0_rc5 to 1.2.1

If i have a torrent file named Annika Aakj�r - Missionær - 2010 (CD - MP3 - 224).torrent and I try to add it, it fails, but if i rename it to Annika Aakjr - Missionær - 2010 (CD - MP3 - 224).torrent it works correctly. If this file is put into a watch directory, it breaks the deluge watch function, and won't work properly again until the client is restarted.

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by andar

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

I've fixed this by ignoring the torrent in this case. It seems that this happens when the filename is not in a proper encoding for the filesystem or locale.

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by lildadou

  • Keywords watchdir autoadd added
  • Resolution Fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Summary changed from RC5 watch dir with special characters to watch dir with special characters
  • Version changed from 1.2.1 to 1.3.6

I am not satisfied with the patch and I ask that torrents are not just ignored. (should I mark as a feature-request?)

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by lefthaha

  • Resolution set to Fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

I found the problem is autoadd.py try to join unicode string (autoadd directory path) with byte string(torrent filename), change autoadd directory path into byte string should fix this bug

comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by Cas

  • Resolution Fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by Cas

  • Component changed from other/unknown to Plugin
  • Milestone set to 1.4.0

comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by lildadou

@lefthaha: It works! Thanks!

comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by Cas

  • Milestone changed from 1.4.0 to 2.0.0

comment:11 Changed 7 years ago by Cas

  • Component changed from Plugin to Core
  • Milestone changed from 2.0 to 1.3.x

comment:12 Changed 6 years ago by Cas

  • Resolution set to Fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

I cannot see any issue in 1.3.12 and the patch supplied by lefthaha does not make sense as os.listdir returns the same type as provided. If you can provide an example torrent and your system setup then I can look into it further.

comment:13 Changed 6 years ago by lefthaha

Confirm, it works fine in 1.3.12 without my patch

OS: Archlinux test with chinese and japanese characters in filename

No idea what happened in previous version :)

comment:14 Changed 6 years ago by Cas

  • Milestone 1.3.x deleted

Milestone deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.