Opened 5 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#2445 pending bug

Deluge initialization is reading the wrong value for Total Active Seeding

Reported by: harrv Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: not applicable
Component: libtorrent Version: 1.3.6
Keywords: Cc:

Description

I have 313 downloaded torrents that I am seeding. I have a lot of bandwidth and processing power, so I want to actively seed all of them at once. I set my queue settings to the following:

Total Active: 500 Total Active Downloading: 50 Total Active Seeding: 450

In the deluge session when I first set these settings, they were respected and used appropriately (all 313 were actively seeding, none queued). However, when I shut down deluge (it shut down nicely--not forced to quit) and start it up later, it results in what you see in the screenshot. Only 50 are actively seeding, 263 are queued. It looks as if the Total Active Downloading number set above is now applied to Total Active Seeding as well.

When I look at the preferences page for Queue, the settings still look correct (the values I originally set). But the behavior says otherwise.

Attachments (1)

deluge1.jpg (232.5 KB) - added by harrv 5 years ago.
screenshot

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 5 years ago by harrv

screenshot

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by Cas

What version of libtorrent?

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by Cas

  • Component changed from Core to libtorrent
  • Milestone changed from 1.3.7 to not applicable
  • Status changed from new to pending

Also are you using the ltconfig plugin?

I don't think this is a Deluge issue so changing to libtorrent issue until further details are forthcoming.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by harrv

I wanted to check the screenshot to see if the scheduler plugin was active in use when I reported this issue, but the jpg seems to no longer be on the server. I just saw today that the scheduler doesn't only do rate limiting, as I thought, but also actively changes the number of seeded torrents--the default is 50. So, I strongly suspect that was my issue. Please feel free to close the bug.

To answer the two questions, I no longer have the same setup to check, but I was running on Windows 7 64-bit, so I didn't install a separate libtorrent library. If Deluge on Windows uses libtorrent, it was whatever was packaged with Deluge 1.3.6. No, I wasn't running ltconfig plugin, but that was a good guess as I now suspect the scheduler plugin.

Last edited 5 years ago by harrv (previous) (diff)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.