Opened 13 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#563 closed bug (Invalid)

Deluge not playing nicely with my router

Reported by: Gregorovius <diego@…> Owned by: andar
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: Unknown Version: 1.0.4
Keywords: d-link router Cc:

Description

Hi. Since I've installed deluge 1.0.3 I've been having all sorts of issues. My router (d-link wbr-1310) hard locks quite often (it doesn't respond to ping and its reset button does nothing, so I can't even check the logs). Even when it's working, if deluge's download speed is high, browsing or any other internet activity is impossible, since almost every request times out. uPnP doesn't work either, while it used to work in 1.0.0.

My settings are quite conservative (80 max connections, 12kb/s upload (my max is about 25), 3 upload slots, 8 half-open connections, 10 connection attempts per second). I've also tried to lower half-open, max per second and max connections, and it doesn't seem to have a significant effect.

Transmission, while downloading and uploading the same files with even less conservative settings, plays along fine with my router, browsing and everthing else (including uPnP) is ok. Deluge ~0.5 used to work fine, and I'm not sure if 1.0 or 1.0.1 had this problem (I skipped 1.0.2). If you suspect it's a regression I could try compiling an older version.

Thanks.

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 13 years ago by mvoncken

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

most probably related to max connections per seconds. we changed the default to 20.

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by Gregorovius <diego@…>

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Version changed from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4

As I said in the bug report, I was using 10 max connections per second. I did try a fix in SVN which seemed to work, but now uPnP isn't working in 1.0.5 (didn't work in 1.0.4, only in the svn rev I tried, 4116). My router seems to be working ok otherwise, but I haven't tested enough to be sure. I'll reopen the bug if at least for uPnP not working for me. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thanks.

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by mvoncken

We could use the libtorrent upnp logging.

You would have to build from source and add add "-DTORRENT_UPNP_LOGGING" to the _extra_compile_args list in setup.py see : http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10765&p=55265&hilit=router+xml#p55115

Add the upnp.log + xml to the ticket.

comment:4 Changed 13 years ago by Gregorovius <diego@…>

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

I can't reproduce it consistently. Closing for now.

comment:5 Changed 13 years ago by Gregorovius <diego@…>

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

sorry for the comment spam. I'd add info here, but it gets rejected as trac thinks i'm spamming, so:

upnp.log: http://rafb.net/p/F2wyvS12.html igd.xml: http://rafb.net/p/TxgGIk20.html

the odd thing is if I wget 192.168.0.1/igd.xml, it's downloaded almost instantaneously, so it doesn't seem to be my router choking.

Cheers.

comment:6 Changed 13 years ago by andar

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

This should be fixed now..

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.